This type of policy provides a lump sum payment on the death of the life assured or a monthly income for the beneficiaries. The level of cover, term and premium are fixed from outset.
- A long term plan designed to pay out a lump sum if you die within the plan term.
- The lump sum amount and period of cover can be chosen by you to suit your needs
- Terminal Illness Cover is usually included at no extra cost so it pays out early if you are expected to die within the next 12 months.
- Premiums can be guaranteed throughout the policy term.
- You can choose joint or single cover.
- Critical Illness Cover available as an option for an additional cost.
- If critical illness cover is taken as an option, there is a choice between guaranteed and reviewable premiums.
Mortgage Protection Cover/Decreasing Term Cover
This type of policy provides cover for your mortgage or loans. It is normally set up for the original value and term of the mortgage and the sum assured reduces in line with the mortgage balance as that reduces. This keeps the premiums to a lower level than they would be with a typical Level policy as the sum assured reduces as the years progress.